I received an "Increase In Valuation Notice"! Now what?


Per Oklahoma Statutes the Assessor is required reappraise all 50,000 parcels annually and to notify taxpayers by mail of any increase in valuation.  


If you have questions about how the fair market value of your property was determined, please contact our office by telephone, mail, email, fax or in person within 30 days of the date shown as the mailed date on your notice.  This contact is considered an "Informal Protest" and can be be done truly informally or by submission of OTC Form 974.  We do not want to over appraise any property.  


If you are not satisfied with the explanation provided by the County Assessor then you should request OTC Form 975 and OTC Form 976 be sent to you by the Assessor.  After OTC Form 976 is completed you should send one copy to the Delaware County Clerk at P.O. Box 309, Jay, OK  74346 and one copy to the Delaware County Assessor's Office at P.O. Box 569, Jay, OK  74346.  You will be provided with an appointment for a hearing with the Delaware County Board of Equalization.